Find us on facebook!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

"not-chili"

I have a wonderful hubby. He does not have an extensive list of foods he'll eat. I must say it's expanded in the last few years, and HE actually told me something I made a couple months ago was a little bland! whoa! So progress has been made. One thing that he refuses to eat: chili. One of his top 20 things I make: cowgirl beans. I'll share the recipe:)

1lb ground beef
2Tbsp Onion Flakes or 1/2 small onion diced fine (remember...he hates onions:)

1Tbsp of vinegar
1Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
8oz Tomato Paste
1/4c BBQ sauce
4 cans of beans (I use 2 pork & beans, 2 baked beans...2 drained 2 not)

Brown the beef and onion. Drain if necessary.

Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

It looks like chili to me:) with a bit of a smokier flavor.

We serve over rice, egg noodles or baked potatoes, and usually top with a sprinkle of cheddar

If you need a quick filling meal...thats "not-chili" enjoy Cowgirl beans:)

(If you are feeding a larger group, I have made this with 6 cans of beans without adding more meat. Just up the BBQ a little)

No comments:

Post a Comment