Find us on facebook!

Friday, March 4, 2011

George Thomas

This wiggly kicky guy inside of me has had a name for a long time...before he was even conceived, he had his name. So why? Why George Thomas?
First of all, George Edwin Woods was Wayne's grandfather. He was an awesome man that we loved a lot, and miss so much. Oddly. My Great Grandfater was George E Woods too. We're just that organized....or weird:) I promise the roots don't cross anywhere...just strange similarities!
Thomas, first off, is Wayne's Dad and Grandfather's name, and Wayne's middle name. Grandpa & Great Grandpa are Thomas Alexander.
I also have a Great Uncle Tom, and cousins Tom.
Early in the fall I was researching names, out of boredom, we already had ours. I discovered that George means "a farmer", and Thomas means "a twin." I cried instantly:) At that time, we were hoping for twins. Boy twins would have been George & Tommy. As the Lord would have it, our two wonderful strong embryos were a boy and a girl. They were both implanted, and two weeks later it looked like both were there, by the next week there was only one baby growing. Regardless of if our baby girl ever "stuck"...she was in there with him...so on a very technical level...he is a twin...maybe only in my heart.
George was the slightly smaller embryo but was growing strong, apparently he continued to do so:) It's amazing to see his growth between ultrasounds. Weeks 5 through 8 were all met with an ultrasound where he grew from a black space to a gummy bear:) Week 18 he looked somewhat like an alien, and in week 20 Daddy says "He's sure starting to look more like a person" ;-) We like to think he's a very cute little person:)
Today I bought him clothes. He'll have some growing to do in between now and when he wears them, but nonetheless, he has some clothes:) It sure has been a long time since I've folded clothes that small! Joey's in a mens medium now and 32-34/30s! These are a LOT smaller:) I've pretty much avoided anything in "newborn" except for one biggish looking outfit I picked up today. Joey wasn't one for staying small long...(obviously)...and I can't imagine his brother being any different:)
ha, I just looked over to George's little pile of clothes...they're sitting on a Thomas magazine...and only the word "Thomas" is visible:)
Thanks God for our little farm twin:)

3 comments:

  1. love the name! it's such a kick getting to wash and fold such tiny clothes - especially when you realize they are still too big for the baby when they are first born! They are so amazingly tiny. Aidan is so small I only have two shirts that actually fit him, but I'm sure he'll be grown out of them in no time! So exciting to know who is in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Katie! such a great name and story behind it! so sorry for the loss of the girl twin.
    i hope it doesn't always leave a "what if" in your brain.
    i can't wait to meet little George Thomas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies.
    Katie--I should post the pic i took of the two pants next to each other...it's quite entertaining. Oh I'm sure Aidan will grow out of those clothes real soon...especially the way that boy eats!:)
    Mare..I actually think I'm "ok" with no girl. I feel like it was in the Lord's hands. They were both in there...He chose. She was even bigger than him and had the scientific odds in her favor. It's clear to me that God wanted us to have another boy now. I'm down with that;)

    ReplyDelete