Find us on facebook!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A house full of boys!

Well, other than the dog, cat and cat-niece, this is such a boy house.
Today the boys and I went to a pancake open house sale thing at Walker's Farm Home & Tack. i was kinda psyched because I knew that other than shovels and wheel barrows there is half the store dedicated to clothes, gifts, toys and such. We walked in the door and Joey says "You are not buying anything for the baby"...like it's his money:)
We had breakfast first, then shopped for farm stuff...then went "to the other side." For such an "aggie" store...my oh my did they have a lot of girl clothes! I really didn't find any shirt/outfit i wanted for the baby. Some that were cute and I'd be ok with, but nothing I "had to have."
We went to look for boots for my wonderful hubby. Back and forth looking at a few different ones. He keeps coming back to this one pair, shoving his hand in them, deciding that it should be comfortable....on and on. Finally I took it from him and asked the attendant for his size. He's smiling asking "oh I guess I'll try them on?" I said well you need to stop making out with them and see how your feet like them:) He did like them...in the size I've been covertly buying him for 2yrs now..:)
I did find adorable cowboy boots for the newest little man...they had a few options, and we narrowed it down, but...I thought I'd be able to find them cheaper on ebay....what kid wears out infant size cowboy boots? Yet...I make kids with big feet. So I have a feeling we'll just get George his first boots next year at the breakfast...then we'll know they fit. (and they weren't any cheaper online..) They also had cute barn/rain boots that looked like cows...Wayne even thought those were cute! (that's saying a lot!)
After he decided on his boots he said to Joey "let's go look at the toys"....um...Joey's been an only child/grandchild/nephew for too long. He had everything...really. Wayne was like "how about this" got it "ooh what about this "I have it in die cast and bigger"...oh. after about 5 of these situations, Wayne says "Do you want to go to the other side and get that shovel?" his face lit up!
So Joey got a shovel and a wheelbarrow for the small calf barn and was just about the happiest kid ever pushing that wheelbarrow out to the truck.
I told Wayne...wait a year...you'll have someone else who is excited about new tractors...not that we need to buy ANY....EVER! We have enough for 10 boys. BUT...he plays with them, takes care of them, and they are contained.
I did find a cute puzzle for George...it's a Melissa & Doug chunky wooden puzzle with tractors/construction equipment...and another with a farm animals. Those we will need. Joey's puzzles are long gone.

But we don't need it today....he's not into puzzles yet:)

3 comments:

  1. hehehe..this post made me giggle. you are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks ladies. I'm starting to think I was designed to parent boys.
    I tried on "girl boots" at the store today...only because they looked big and had pink and purple on them.
    They were two sizes too small (an 11)...Joey's feet are only a size smaller than mine...and he's 9. The good thing is, I won't have to explain to a daughter why she can't have girly boots:) Black boots covered in brown are all the rage here:)

    ReplyDelete