Find us on facebook!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Why I live with boys...

I'm a crappy girl.
This morning, the boss needed a new deodorant so I was checking the bin in the bathroom closet.
I found three screwdrivers, a lightbulb, a hole punch, two things of makeup all the way on the bottom that have never been used, and some cute hair stuff (ie: hair ties in blue/tan---not black) still in the packaging.
My hairdryer you ask? I do own one (surprised?)...it's downstairs in the workshop because the last time I used it (last August) was to dry some spray glue.
I'm Cliniques worst regular customer. A year ago March I bought a large bottle of clarifying lotion (astringent) and a thing of face moisturizer...and smelly body lotion.
I have about a quarter of the clarifying lotion left, the face moisturizer is almost empty because we both used it on sunburns last year, and the smelly body lotion is almost full.
I haven't worn make-up in 364 days...and I'm so ok with that.
I do have about 5 Alabu lip balms though...no tint or anything, lets not get carried away:)
BUT...I did have on TWO items of pink clothing today...and even bought a not-black shirt this week (slate grey)
I have three bottles of nail polish remover...and no nail polish. Which means, I will get mani/pedis...but know better than to attempt these on my own.
I love my hair dried out cute and straight...but also know better to attempt this on my own...there is some combination of me, a round brush, and long hair that just begs for disaster.
Therefore: I live with boys.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! i can soooooo relate Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like living with boys kind of brings out my girly side - like when I wear my hair down (as opposed to in a pony tail) for once and jake runs his hands through it or when I put on a necklace (very rare for me to throw on any jewelry) and jake says "pretty mommy" while he investigates it. Maybe these aren't major things (I never blow dry my hair, it takes me 5 minutes to get ready for anything, and I am terrible at styles for clothes or makeup) - but I like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww see Jake still enjoys it...Joey just picks on me:) They think I'm a crazy girl because I wear flip flops at the farm.
    I'm just proud of myself when I shop in the girl section, rather than just share w/W:) I'm a fun time:)
    I gave up on jewelry...i either break it or loose it:)
    Glad you get to be a princess in your man cave:-D

    ReplyDelete