Find us on facebook!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Names I love.

Somehow growing up, we knew who all the cousins were and who they were with. I don't think it was until I did the wedding database that I realized there was so much carry-over. Other than the time we were in Mass for the untimely passing of my cousin and MAM (My Aunt Mary) put all of the hotel rooms in M Naughton...with the exception of 2? Ps? The guy at the desk thought she was nuts...but really...in the 15 or so rooms, they almost all had an M Naughton. I see this as convenient:)
So someone in a "mom's group" was just asking for Irish names for their son...and so I began, well we have a Stephen and a Thomas and a Michael and a Joseph in Ireland...and we have a Stephen and a Michael and a Joseph here...then then there's a Mack and a Patrick and a Joseph...
I continued to write that it's not that confusing, you just do as the Amish and put the parent's name first, ie: Peg's Michael, Helen's Joe. Then I said, oh well there is one Helen with a hubby Joe and a son Joe...oh jaaazzzuuss Mary & Joseph that's both the Helens...


No comments:

Post a Comment