Find us on facebook!

Friday, March 11, 2011

How long has THAT been there?

So last week the boys and I went to a pancake breakfast. When we got there I had to pee...of course. I happened to glance in the utilitarian mirror and saw this freaken skunk stripe on top of my head. What the heck? I've had scattered greys for a few years now. About 2 years ago I was walking down the street with my Uncle Joe right behind me. He says "Um...excuse me Miss Naughton...what is that on top of your head?" From one of the few people who has a clear view of the top of my head:)
So I sit down at the table and ask Wayne "How long has that been there?" he was trying so hard to avoid the question or come up with a clever answer that I knew it must have been there for a while. OMG! I followed up with "is it always that visible or did I comb my hair different?" He says "maybe you did comb it different" (not buying that either)
So...um. I have a grey streak. eew.
idk. the scattered greys really didn't bother me much...they kinda blended or looked more like highlights. This freaken thing looks like I took a bleached soaked toothbrush and ran it through my hair.
I'm really not traditionally a vain person...or even someone that gets more than two haircuts a year. I did have highlights done before the wedding...because Aunt Mary told me too. (Maybe Uncle Joe had looked at the top of my head more recently?)
To top it off the night after the breakfast...I had a dream about a skunk and a raccoon. Not funny....sooo not funny.
I'm only 30...I don't think I'm ready for a streak. I know I'm not.
Nor am I really ready to commit to a lifetime of hair crap. However, I suppose I can't have both, right?
30....i'm 30. I do say "15-20 years ago" and remember that era vividly. I do look at high school kids and realize they are half my age....and kinda feel bad for them.
3o isn't old enough for a grey streak. I've only been married less than a year...and only on bambino #2.
Is it post-accident chronic pain? did that doom me?
Either way...I'm not ready for it.
I suppose it's time to start researching organic-ish coloring solutions that won't turn the baby colors....because I can't wait until July...
Barb, I'm coming to visit...make it go away!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot help but laugh my butt off!! I started going gray around 30! My sister was completely gray by 35! Good luck finding something organic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having a gray hair when I was still in high school. I definitely have more now!

    As for organic hair color, try Herbatint or Jason Natural cosmetics. My friend uses Herbatint and I use Jason Natural shampoos (but have never tried the hair color because I don't color).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mare---laughter from "the other side" of "just a streak" ;-)
    Darcy--thanks sweetie. I always thought the hip grandmas with a full head of long grey were classy and cool. and again...I'm 30. It's just not happening yet;-) Someday I'll jump off the dye wagon:) My wonderful stylist(ya know every 6m when I let her cut my split ends off)/cousin is on the job!:)

    ReplyDelete