Find us on facebook!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Apple Fritters

Ever read a status on fb that makes your mouth water?  Special thanks to MaryEllen Naughton for inspiring this recipe:)  Originally an Amish recipe that I tweaked a little.

5-6 medium-large apples, peeled and cored...then sliced about 3/8" thick.
1c flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
scant 1c milk
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1 egg

Once apples are prepped set to the side.
Combine dry ingredients.  Beat egg into milk, then add to dry.
Mix well.
Heat about 1" oil in frying pan.
Dip the apple slices into batter and coat well.  Put a batch into the hot oil, until brown, then turn over until brown on second side.
Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar if desired.
Makes about 24 fritters.

ooh its so good:)


1 comment:

  1. I might have to try these today! Hopefully I feel up to canning some apple pie filling and while I have my apple/peeler/corer/slicer out, I might as well try these, right?!

    ReplyDelete