Find us on facebook!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Technology

Some people, I've decided, should not have access to technology in all it's glory.
First, my mother texts me saying she's cooking (ie: warming turkey, bought gravy, stuffing and frozen cauliflower) and that she has news. Then she wants to know if she can call, sure. Cell or house? House. (Already needs a nap.) So she calls and we chat (and she almost burns the gravy). Then nine minutes into the conversation, my father, who I swear to God lives in the same house, calls me from his cell phone. Hold on Mom, Dad;s calling. Click over. Hi? Why do you sound annoyed? I'm on the phone with mom. Now? Well, now I'm talking to you. Oh Ok bye. Click back over, Mom's not there. Call the house back...Dad answers. Good grief. Did you mean to call me? Well, i was calling mom back. Oh. (Screams down the stairs) She picks up...Now they discuss the dinner delivery. (Dad's recovering from knee surgery.) Then my sister's cat. OK, Dad hangs up. Just Mom, who almost burns the gravy again. "It's like trying to drive on the phone."
Fine, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth delivered the dinner to the upstairs recovery room. The gravy and bread came from Yoder's Amish Restaurant, better than homemade! Dinner was delicious and I think you are very fortunate that both parents think so much of you that they call at the same time.
    I made coconut macaroons last night, had to get out of bed after 3 days.

    ReplyDelete